SICKLE CELL DISEASE
- Benjamin, L. (2008). Pain management in sickle cell disease: Palliative care begins at birth?. ASH Education Program Book, 2008(1), 466-474.
- Edmonds, P. (2001). Sickle Cell Disease. In Addington-Hall, J. & Higginson (Eds.), Palliative Care for Non-cancer Patients. (126-136). Oxford: Oxford Scholarship Online.
- McClain, B. C., & Kain, Z. N. (2007). Pediatric palliative care: A novel approach to children with Sickle Cell Disease. Pediatrics, 119(3), 612-614.
- Navaid, M., & Melvin, T. (2010). A palliative care approach in treating patients with Sickle Cell Disease using exchange transfusion. American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Wilkie, D. J., Johnson, B., Mack, A. K., Labotka, R., & Molokie, R. E. (2010). Sickle Cell Disease: An opportunity for palliative care across the life span. Nursing Clinics of North America, 45(3), 375-397.
PALLIATIVE CARE AND OTHER
- Back, A. L., Rushton, C. H., Kaszniak, A. W., & Halifax, J. S. (2015). “Why Are We Doing This?”: Clinician Helplessness in the Face of Suffering. Journal of palliative medicine, 18(1), 26-30.
- The Conversation Project
- The Conversation Project: Conversation Starter Kit
- The Education Development Center, Inc.
- Hays, R. M., Valentine, J., Haynes, G., Geyer, J. R., Villareale, N., Mckinstry, B., … & Churchill, S. S. (2006). The Seattle Pediatric Palliative Care Project: Effects on family satisfaction and health-related quality of life. Journal of Palliative Medicine,9(3), 716-728.
- Himelstein, B. P., Hilden, J. M., Boldt, A. M., & Weissman, D. (2004). Pediatric palliative care. New England Journal of Medicine, 350(17), 1752-1762.
- The Initiative for Pediatric Palliative Care
- IPPC: Family Members as part of the Interdisciplinary Team
- IPPC: Families as Educators: Guidance for Implementation
- Kuttner, L. (2010). A child in pain: What health professionals can do to help. Bethel (CT): Crown House Publishing Limited.
- Martin House Children’s Hospice
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
- Riddle, C. A. (2013).Defining disability: Metaphysical not political. Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy, 16(3), 377-384.