Call for Applications:
The Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics and the Wellcome Centre for Ethics and Humanities at the University of Oxford have established a Collaborative Bioethics Research and Training Program with support from the Wellcome Trust. Through this partnership, we have created joint post-doctoral training opportunities. We are pleased to invite applications from uniquely qualified individuals who are committed to interdisciplinary and transnational collaboration and who have a particular interest in the ethical issues at the intersection of global health and infectious disease. This two-year fellowship will begin in September 2022.
Qualifications, Responsibilities and Opportunities:
- Doctoral-level degree in bioethics, philosophy, public health, law, medicine, social science, history or other relevant discipline, with fewer than five years of post-PhD research by the start date.
- Scholarly interests in ethical issues at the intersection of global health and infectious disease.
- Residency requirement at the Wellcome Center. Exact nature, duration and timing of this requirement is flexible and case-specific.
- Fellows will become integrated members of the ongoing post-doctoral training programs at both Institutions and have access to a wide range of activities and opportunities, including:
- Regular seminars, presentations and discussions with leaders in the field;
- Individualized research program;
- Bioethics coursework and mentorship;
- Professional development training;
- Teaching opportunities (commensurate with experience and background);
- Participation in outreach efforts via social media
- $62,500 per year, plus health benefits
- Travel for the residency requirement and modest living expenses when overseas
- A modest discretionary fund for travel to relevant conferences
To apply: The application window is now open. Applications are due on Friday, December 17, 2021 and must be uploaded via Interfolio (http://apply.interfolio.com/97826).
- Cover Letter
- Personal statement in support of your application
- Copy of Graduate Transcript(s)
- Writing Sample
- Three Letters of Reference
For more information on the Berman-Oxford Joint Post-doctoral Fellowship Program, please contact the Berman Institute’s Director of Education Initiatives (Gail Geller, ScD, MHS at email@example.com) or Associate Director for Global Programs (Joseph Ali, JD at firstname.lastname@example.org).