- Recognition and Management of Medical Complexity
Dennis Z. Kuo, MD, MHS, FAAP, Amy J. Houtrow, MD, PhD, MPH, FAAP, COUNCIL ON CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES
- A Healthy Life for a Child With Medical Complexity: 10 Domains for Conceptualizing Health
Elizabeth S. Barnert, MD, MPH, MS, Ryan J. Coller, MD, MPH, Bergen B. Nelson, MD, MS,Lindsey R. Thompson, MS, MPH, Thomas S. Klitzner, MD, PhD, Moira Szilagyi, MD, PhD, Abigail M. Breck, BA, Paul J. Chung, MD, MS
- Ethical Framework for Risk Stratification and Mitigation Programs for Children With Medical Complexity
Chris Feudtner, MD, PhD, MPH, Theodore Schall, MSW, MBE, Pamela Nathanson, MBE, Jay Berry, MD, MPH
- Out-of-Home Placement for Children and Adolescents With Disabilities— Addendum: Care Options for Children and Adolescents With Disabilities and Medical Complexity
(NOTE: The full AAP report on out-of-home placement can be found in the additional references section below)
Sandra L. Friedman, MD, MPH, FAAP, Kenneth W. Norwood Jr, MD, FAAP, COUNCIL ON CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES
Questions to Consider
1) From your experience related to children with medical complexity (CMC), what outcomes should we strive for for children, families, and the system you work within?
- What existing programs/resources/etc. in Maryland facilitate achieving desired outcomes?
- What challenges/barriers prevent us from achieving such outcomes?
2) What policies/practices are you aware of that focus on placements, supports, and services for CMC in Maryland? What policies would be helpful?
3) What can we learn from other states in regard to placement, supports, and services for CMC? How should we move forward as a state?