- Core Faculty
Berman Institute of Bioethics
- Rembrandt Foundation Professor of Pediatric Palliative Care, Professor of Pediatrics
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Renee Boss, a faculty member at the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics and a professor in the Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, has a special expertise in neonatal palliative care. She founded the Palliative Care Working Group in the division, and is a member of the Maryland Pediatric Palliative Care Coalition, and of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Dr. Boss also sits on the Johns Hopkins Ethics Committee. Her awards include the Young Investigators Award from the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. She has been published in several peer-reviewed journals, including the American Journal of Medicine, the Journal of Palliative Medicine, and Pediatrics.
Dr. Boss leads the Pediatric Chronic Critical Illness Collaborative, a multicenter research group focused on expanding knowledge and care for children with repeated and prolonged hospitalizations.
- Neonatal Palliative Care
- Critical Care Neonatology
- Clinician-to-parent Communication
- M.D., Boston University School of Medicine
- Residency, Pediatrics, University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Fellowship, Neonatology, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine