3rd Annual SNFBA Summer Course to focus on Ethics and Research: Lessons from the Pandemic
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Bioethics Academy (SNFBA) is proud to announce that it will be hosting the 3rd Annual Bioethics Summer Course at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center in Athens, Greece June 19-22, 2022.
The Bioethics Summer Course is an annual training activity of the SNFBA whose goal is to support and enhance knowledge and awareness for bioethics among biomedical researchers, policy professionals, and healthcare administrators in Greece. The course is co-directed by Prof. Jeffrey Kahn, the Andreas C. Dracopoulos Director of the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics (JHU), and Prof. Effy Vayena, Head of the Health Ethics and Policy Lab at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETH).
The 3rd Annual Bioethics Summer Course will be a three-day intensive course focusing on Ethics and Research: Lessons from the Pandemic and, as in past years, will include lectures from distinguished bioethics experts from Johns Hopkins and ETH Zurich, and in-depth small group discussion of case studies and lecture topics.
The SNFBA is free to accepted participants, and fully supported through the generosity of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF). Airfare and lodging is provided to accepted participants from outside of Greece and lodging (and travel where required) is provided to accepted participants who reside outside of Athens. The total number of participants is limited to 50 to preserve a high-quality experience.
Applications are encouraged from professionals working in institutions in Greece and the Balkans, with the following experience and expertise:
- Professionals working in, or overseeing, Clinical Research
- Medical Students and Pharmaceutical Students interested in developing capacity in Clinical Research
- Members of committees performing Biomedical Research Ethics Review
- Professionals working in health and science policy
Applications are now being accepted online until April 11, 2022 but may close earlier if 50-person capacity is reached.
Required Application Documentation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Short Personal Statement no more than 250 words including why the Course is of interest to you, your motivation for applying, and how the Course will be of use in your professional work and professional development
For questions please contact Katerina Ligomenides (email@example.com)