Explore the fascinating interdisciplinary world of bioethics in an interactive, intensive weeklong summer institute. Leading bioethics faculty cover both theory and practical application for fields including public health, the life sciences, medicine, nursing, and law.
WHO CAN ATTEND
Prior coursework or experience in bioethics is not required. For more information about the Summer Institute in Bioethics, please contact Penny White, Sr. Academic Program Coordinator.
2020 SUMMER COURSES – BEGIN WEEK OF JUNE 1
REGISTER BEGINNING IN EARLY FEBRUARY (JHSPH Students and JHU Employees)
- Complete the Summer Institute application.
- Log into SIS using your JHED ID, select the public health student record from the drop down menu (top right corner), and register for your course.
- Review eligibility requirements.
- Download and complete the JHU Tuition Remission form. You will need one form for each course you take.
- Submit the form to the JHSPH Student Accounts office, 615 N. Wolfe Street, Suite W1101, or email it to JHSPH.firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTER BEGINNING IN EARLY FEBRUARY
To register for an Institute course as a non-degree student, please visit the Continuing Education Student Services page.
As a student earning credit, a visa must be obtained. Visa processes and information are listed here.
Where should you stay during your visit? Available options are listed here.
Please note: Bioethics Summer Institutes are held at the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics in Deering Hall, which is located at 1809 Ashland Ave., Baltimore, MD 21205.