Theo Schall is a doctoral student in Bioethics and Health Policy in the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. His research interests include labor conditions in the health professions, ethical issues in clinical quality improvement efforts, health disparities in vulnerable populations, and patient privacy in the era of big data.
Since 2015, Theo has served as the managing editor of the peer-reviewed journal AJOB Empirical Bioethics. Prior to beginning doctoral study, Theo was a Research Associate in the Department of Medical Ethics at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, where he collaborated on research in ethics, palliative care, and interprofessional communication. He previously worked as a Research Program Coordinator at the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics and as a clinical social worker. Theo received an MSW (macro practice concentration) and MBE from the University of Pennsylvania and a BA from St. John’s College, Annapolis.
- Labor conditions in the health professions
- Ethical issues in clinical quality improvement efforts
- Health disparities in vulnerable populations
- Patient privacy in the era of big data.
- MSW (macro practice concentration) and MBE, University of Pennsylvania
- BA, St. John’s College, Annapolis