Levi Symposium – Responsible Practices During America’s Opioid Epidemic: Ethical Pain Management in Orthopedic Surgery
1800 Orleans St.
Baltimore, MD 21287
Join the Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics, along with the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery for the Robert H. Levi Leadership Symposium at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Experts in the fields of orthopaedics, pain management and bioethics will share their knowledge on best practices for treating pain before and after orthopaedic surgery.
This event will be a public panel discussion featuring the following speakers:
- Chad Brummett, M.D. – Director of the Division of Pain Research, University of Michigan Medical School
- Rachel Seymour, Ph.D. – Vice Chair of Research, Atrium Health
- Seth A. Waldman, M.D. – Director of Pain Management Division, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Travis Rieder, Ph.D. – Director of the Master of Bioethics Degree Program, Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics
- David Ring, M.D., Ph.D. – Associate Dean for Comprehensive Care, Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care, The University of Texas at Austin, Dell Medical School
Physicians, nurses and other clinicians are invited to attend. The event is free; please RSVP here.
Guests are encouraged to park in the Orleans Street garage:
200 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21287